Offering Technical Assistance for OSEP-funded parent centers
Parent Training and Information Centers (PTIs) and Community Parent Resource Centers (CPRCs) – in the northeastern states.
Enhancing the capacity of parent centers to provide effective services to families of children with special needs and to work effectively with state agencies in improving services for infants, toddlers, children and youth with disabilities.
We are available to assist in:
- Improving nonprofit management processes;
- Non-profit board development;
- Strategies for reaching and serving underserved and under-represented families;
- Measuring program effectiveness and making changes as needed in programs and approaches;
- Strengthening collaborative bonds between ptis, cprcs, and other organizations working to improve outcomes for children with special needs and their families.
- Developing collaborative relationships with state agencies.
- Establishing and sustaining “communities of practice.”
- Accessing training and resources to increasing parent center staff knowledge of laws, regulations and best practices in early intervention and education.
This project is funded by the U. S. Department of Education Office of Special Education Programs, under Cooperative Agreement Award #H328R080001